Patient assistance programs are set up by drug companies that offer free or low cost drugs to uninsured individuals who cannot afford their medications. Most brand name drugs are found in these programs. Each program has its own rules. Usually an individual must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident, have no prescription insurance coverage, and have an income under 200% of the federal poverty level. (See rxassist.org).
Pfizer First Resource is one such program. This program offers reimbursement support services and patient assistance to help patients gain access to the Pfizer medicines they need.
If you have prescription drug coverage, First Resource can provide the following benefits:
- Reimbursement Support Services
- Alternate Funding Assistance
- Appeals Process Information
- Speciality Pharmacy Referral
- Hardship Assistance
If you do not have insurance coverage, First Resource may be able to help you get Pfizer medicines for free if you:
- Have no prescription coverage
- Meet specific income guidelines, adjustment for family size
- Live in the U.S., the Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico
- Are being treated by a licensed doctor in the U.S. or Puerto Rico
To learn more, or to apply to First Resource, call 1-877-744-5675, Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm. You can also go to pfizerhelpfulanswers.com.